True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Monday, December 28, 2009

My Personal & Private Journal(s)

I began keeping a hand-written personal journal on February 16th, 1971, simply because it was suggested by the Prophet, Seer, & Revelator (President) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) that all of us do it.
Going back many years later to read earlier journal entries, it surprised me what I had since forgotten or misremembered.
Also, in later years, it amused (but did not surprise) me to learn in a management training class that personal journal keeping builds leadership skills, as it helps you to better plan and self-conceptualize.
Most of my journal entries usually are made right after my morning Scripture study and personal prayers, but often also at other opportune times.
Sometimes, I awaken in the middle of the night, get up, and make a journal entry about a pressing thought or dream.
When my home burned to the ground on October 31st, 1996, everything was destroyed, except my family history records and my journals.
There was a Providentially protected circle of unburned area around those documents, and also around a portrait of my paternal grandfather Edgar Kump and his sister Thelma, who had just passed away in March of that same year.
The proxy Temple ordinance work since then has been done for my Aunt Thelma, as well as for my other kindred dead.

Postscript: Click on "comments" at the bottom of this entry for further feedback from my Aunt Gertrude.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word on the street has it that Larry also colors in his journals.
At least, that's what I heard.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry,
I often wondered if you still had the portrait of my brother Edgar and sister Thelma. Glad they were protected. Us last girls in the family called Thelma our second Mom, since she was old enough be our Mom. She was 19 years older than me.
Love,
Aunt Gertrude

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home