True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Trees & Me




 During my morning personal prayers and scripture study,
 I continued to ponder the blessing of an encouraging
 email recently received from Bill Bartholomew.
(Bill is a long time friend and mentor in Hanover,
 Pennsylvania)

 It was then that my attention was directed to the
 December 2014 issues of the "Liahona" and "Ensign" 
magazines, particularly the "Lessons from the Sacred
 Grove" article by the late Elder Martin K. Jensen.

 Brother Jensen's four lessons, about how the 
Sacred Grove provides ecosystem lessons in life for 
each of us, was a refreshing reminder for me.

 This was especially so with his second lesson in
 that article: Trees as well as people require opposition
 in order to develop the full measure of our creation.

 And so it goes, not only for me, but for all of us.
 
Larry D. Kump, High Priest
Hedgesville, West Virginia Ward
Martinsburg, West Virginia Stake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home