True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

A Dream

In the wee hours of this morning, I awakened from a delightful dream.
In it, I was tired and afoot in Cumberland, Maryland.
It was many years ago (not long after my conversion to the Gospel), my car had broken down, and I was wearily trying to make my way to Church.
John & Grace Cline, newly married, drove by and picked me up on their way to Church.
On the way, we had a wonderful visit, although I now can't remember
the details of our dream conversation.
Upon awakening however, I was reminded of when Grace Ogle first brought her nonmember boyfriend, John Cline, with her to our old LDS meetinghouse on Columbia Street in Cumberland. (That must have been in the early 1970's or thereabouts)
I also have a very poignant memory of a Washington, D.C. Temple endowment session with Grace's Dad, Ralph Ogle.
John, a humble and quiet man, now is a Bishop, and John and Grace have grown children who have served honorable missions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely dream...sounds like a metaphor for clinging to the iron rod...often done with the help of friends.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home