True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Friday, December 03, 2004

The Convict & the Church Lady

This week, a caring and sincere Christmas card came to me from a former inmate on my prison case management case load.
In his card, he wrote:
"...I'll NEVER forget you! Thank you ...for treating me like a human being..".
That same day, a lady from a local Christian church took it upon herself to telephone me at home.
She invited me to her church and give up the "Mormon Cult", who she wrongly believed worships Joseph Smith and doesn't even accept the Bible or Jesus Christ. (Huh?)
Albeit sincere, she was and is so sadly deluded by prejudice and misinformation about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In the Old Testament of the Bible, the prophet Daniel prophesied that God would "set up a kingdom' that would "never be destroyed" and would "stand for ever" (Daniel 2:44).
In making this prophecy, he spoke of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the kingdom of God on earth today.
From the day the Church was organized with six members, it has grown and flourished, and will continue to progress until it has "filled the whole earth" (Daniel 2:35).
With Jesus Christ at the head of the Church, living prophets will continue to guide the Church's progress until the earth is prepared for the Saviour's Second Coming.
For the wonderful truth about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a free copy of a beautiful video or DVD about the birth and life of Christ, call 1-877-300-8000 (toll-free).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home