True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Once Upon a Dream

Naps have been very much the order of the day as I currently recuperate here at home from surgery, and , with those naps, sometimes comes dreams.
In my Patriarchal Blessing (29 November 1969), I am promised many wonderful things, many of which have come to pass in miraculous ways.
Among those promises is that one day, "I will know as I am known".
Many other things have been promised me in that Blessing; things which I understand and appreciate better as I experience more and more of life.
Still, it always has perplexed me as to how God sees me and what He thinks of me.
In a recent afternoon dream, I was standing with angels as we watched me struggle and stumble through life.
It amazed me to realize the efforts that were going on all around me; to influence me for good, but also for evil.
As I watched, time after time, I would seek to lift myself up from my own selfishness and foolishness, only to stumble as I became confused and distracted from Eternal goals.
The angels would sadly shake their heads and weep, but then they would start all over again with me.
The patience and love of those guardian angels who ministered to me was a marvelous work and a wonder to behold.
Never once did they give up on me, even when I had all but given up on myself.
As I looked about in my dream and beheld the heartaches all of us endures throughout life, and often bring upon ourselves (with a vengeance), I marveled over and over again at the love and patience of Our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ.
There's more, but words fail me.....except that I know that the only way we can fail is just to give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home