True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hidden Treasures in Adversity

Early this morning, while empathizing with and pondering over the dilemma of a truly desperate and stressed-out friend, one who is struggling with an awful personal situational conflict, the words of a Pre-Columbian American reminded me once again that we are not alone.
The Prophet Moroni, in his testimony of Jesus Christ, clearly points out that, "...if men come to me (Christ) I will show them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Book of Mormon, Ether, Chapter 12, Verse 27)
And so it goes, as each of us struggles and stumbles in our lives, we can find blessings and hidden treasures in and through our adversity.
For a free copy of the Book of Mormon, call toll-free 1-888-537-2200 at any hour.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen & thank you, Larry!
This is especially true in my life.
As you know, I have been going to counseling to cope with the loss of Jeff Wroten (a fellow correctional officer killed in the line of duty by an inmate.)
This Scripture certainly hits home in my heart!!!!!
Again, thank you!
Your brother,
Russ Hess

3:02 PM  
Blogger Bookslinger said...

Russ,

This quote is from the famous Stoic philosopher Epictetus:

11. Never say of anything, "I have lost it"; but, "I have returned it." Is your child dead? It is returned. Is your wife dead? She is returned. Is your estate taken away? Well, and is not that likewise returned? "But he who took it away is a bad man." What difference is it to you who the giver assigns to take it back? While he gives it to you to possess, take care of it; but don't view it as your own, just as travelers view a hotel.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home