True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Friday, May 18, 2007

The "Accuser"

Modern day Apostle Dieter F. Uchtdorf's reminds us that Satan is described in the Scriptures as the "accuser" (Bible, Revelation Chapter 12, Verse 10) because "he wants us to feel that we are beyond forgiveness" (see "Place of Safe Return", May 2007 "Ensign" magazine, pages 99-101; also available at www.lds.org under Gospel Library).
As I reflected upon this during my morning Scripture study, Brother Uchtdorf's further reminder that "sin is not a point of no return" for any of us further enhanced my testimony of Jesus Christ and the power of His Atonement for each and every one of us.
As this LDS Apostle points out about repentance, "It is not repentance per se that saves man. It is the blood of Jesus Christ that saves us. It is not by our sincere and honest change of behavior alone that we are saved, but by grace that we are saved, after all we can do." (Book of Mormon, 2Nephi Chapter 25, Verse 23).
This is "the essence of the miracle of forgiveness" that gives hope to the hopeless.
"Satan is a liar...there is always a point of safe return; there is always hope..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home