True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

To Donna Dively (about my Dad)

Donna,
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and true doctrine.
All of my immediate family, with the exception of my children, are not members, and this is a terrible and terrifying time for them.
It is a happy irony for me that they have asked me to officiate at the services today and tomorrow on behalf of my Dad.
How blessed we are to have been led to the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Knowing what we know makes everything else in life and the choices we make so clear and straightforward.
Even so, it seems so strange to me to now be our family's Patriarch.
Please pass on my love to all in your family and the members up in your part of the world.
Larry

cc: Darla
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Larry,
I am so sad to hear of your Dad's passing. Isn't the gospel wonderful. It is so full of hope and promise. I really don't know how people get through the death of a loved one with out it. It is at a time like this that I feel the veil is very thin and the spirit testifies to us of the life beyond giving us comfort. I look forward to the day when I will be reunited with those I love.

I am thinking about you.
Love Donna

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna "Nina" Dively said...

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY:
Doctrine and Covenants 42:45-46


"Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die, and more especially for those that have not hope of a glorious resurrection. And it shall come to pass that those who die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them."



QUOTE OF THE DAY:
Heber J. Grant



"To a Latter-day Saint, while death brings sorrow into our homes and our hearts, that sorrow is more or less of the same nature that we feel when we are temporarily called upon to part with our dear ones who are going out into the mission field or who are moving away for some time. That awful anguish that I have seen exhibited by those who know not the truth, I believe never comes into the heart of a true Latter-day Saint" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant, p. 45).

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home