True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Lessons from Rain

As a young boy of no religious affiliation, I was fond of sitting by the screened windows in my parents' North Prospect Street home in Hagerstown, Maryland, watching and listening to the rain.
This never failed to give me feelings of peace and comfort.
This practice persists with me to this day.
And so it was that, last night, listening to the rainfall through my screened bedroom windows lulled me gently to sleep.
Rain continues to be a marvelous work and a wonder for me.
In the Book of Mormon, the American Pre-Columbian Prophet Alma taught that "...all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." (Book of Mormon, Alma, Chapter 30, Verse 44)
And so it also is with rain.
(For a free copy of the Book of Mormon, call 1-888-537-2200)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home