True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

A Providential Prompting & Protection

"...cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your minds and bodies may be invigorated." (Doctrine & Covenants Section 88, Verse 124, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) always made a lot of sense to me.
And so it was, years ago, on West 34th Street in Indianapolis, that I was driving alone to work, well before Dawn, when a disembodied but audible voice suddenly cried out "Fasten your seat belt!" to me, and I complied, with alacrity.
Scant seconds later, a large truck, driven by two young folks who were high on drugs, careened through the red traffic signal, and totally demolished my car, flipping it over three times in the process.
Ambulance personnel arriving at the scene were dumfounded to find me getting out of the twisted wreckage without assistance, although my suit was ripped to shreds and I was covered in broken glass and other debris.
My only injury was two large bruises, from the violent restraint and seat belt buckles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't ya love it when the Lord brings a plan together?
Russ Hess

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home