True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Eternal Partnerships and More

Just now, as I revisited the remarks of Apostle Dallin H. Oaks from the October 1st, Saturday afternoon, session of the General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), the confirming testimony of the Holy Ghost caused tears to stream down my cheeks.
Those tears were in mute and grateful assent to the powerful truth of his remarks about how families blessed with and who faithfully live the principles of Eternal Marriage realize the penultimate manifestation of Christ's love for us.
In one of Brother Oaks personal examples from his own life, he remembered that, "Just before Christmas one year, our bishop asked me, as a (12 year old) deacon, to help him deliver Christmas baskets to the widows of the ward (congregation). I carried a basket to each door with his greetings. When he drove me home, there was one basket remaining. He handed it to me and said it was for my mother. As he drove away, I stood in the falling snow, wondering why there was a basket for my mother, and it had never occured to me that she was. To (me), she wasn't a widow. She had a husband, and we had a father. He was just away for a while."
For the full text of Brother Oaks remarks, visit www.lds.org and click on "Gospel Library".
For a free video about loving family relationships and how they can last forever, call 1-888-537-6777.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home