True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Friday, December 05, 2008

Advice to a Friend

... Some folks get so sincerely worried about how others should be living their lives that they expend lots of effort that isn't wanted or appreciated.
Popeye the Sailor once said, "I am who I am, and that's all that I am!".
The person who we truly can change only is ourselves.
Our influence over others is much more limited, or so I believe.
... It's ok if others don't understand or agree with me.
They're entitled to their own opinions and personal progress.
Someone told me once not to get upset with a skunk for stinking.
That was good advice, at least for me.
We're responsible to Our father in Heaven through Christ for our own personal salvation and progress.
We're on dangerous ground when we undertake to assume responsibility for others that isn't part of our callings or covenants.
Even then we must be ever so careful.
Christ's response to the "Sons of Thunder" says a lot about this, as He, the Creator of this world, also is ever so careful to recognize and respect the right of personal agency.
The older I get and the more experience I accumulate, the more I believe this to be a true principle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home