True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pungent Promises

The article by Elder Monte J. Brough ("Adversity, the Great Teacher") in the August, 2006 issue of the "Ensign" magazine provoked a cascade of pungent thoughts and memories.
Friends sometimes comment to me about "all" the trials and tribulations that previously have been part of my life.
While it admittedly is true that I have had my share of various challenges, it also is true that a few of them have been self-inflicted.
More importantly to me, however, is my realization and utter certainty that every one of the challenges in my life has blessed me with more and better patience, persistence, skills, knowledge, and even (sometimes) humility and wisdom.
All of which also has helped develop in me a much deeper appreciation for the irony and humor in my everyday experiences.
"After much tribulation....cometh the blessing." (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Doctrine & Covenants: Section 103, Verse 12)
Even better, these blessings are eternally enduring, since "Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection." (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Doctrine & Covenants: Section 130, Verse 18)
How could I not be grateful?

(Also see Psalms 119: 71 & 114)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home