True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

On My Country's Independence Day Holiday

(A redacted portion of a my letter to a friend in the former Soviet Union)
... Except perhaps for Christmas, today is our country's most important holiday.
It is so sad to me that many (most?) of the people in my country just see this day as an excuse to have picnics by their swimming pools and drink beer (float and bloat)...
Many of us have gotten so lazy and foolish that we don't even vote in our own elections, and don't understand the importance of our many freedoms and blessings.
One of my ancestors was Patrick Henry, a great American patriot. (I did not know this until after I researched my family history.)
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) also teaches us that the United States of America was created under the direction of God so that there would be a free nation in which the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ could be restored (Doctrine & Covenants: Section 101, verses 77-80).
As I study the history of the founding of my nation, it is more and more clear to me that it was many miracles from God that gave us our independence, and also our Constitution and Bill of Rights.
When our founding fathers declared our independence from Great Britain, the world laughed at our foolishness.
It really was an impossible task.
These men sacrificed everything so that we could enjoy our liberties today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home