True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Reflections on a Saturday Night

A friend's email yesterday about the myriad blessings I have experienced and how I've always given credit to God for them got me to thinking.
Perhaps I'll incorporate some of those thoughts in my Sacrament talk tomorrow about the restoration of and the blessings of the Priesthood.
I don't know.
When I give a talk, I never know exactly what I'm going to say until it comes out of my mouth - I try to let the Spirit guide me as much as possible.
Lately, I've been wondering about what God wants me to do with the rest of my life, and have been praying to understand and do what He wants me to do, because that would be in my best interests anyway.
For many years now, I've been ready and even anxious to return home to Him, especially since my children now are grown and I'm kind of at loose ends, but He seems to have other ideas.
My ex-wife Nancy was a big surprise and a blessing when she came so unexpectedly into my life, so anything could happen.
And, there's a couple of possible outcomes mentioned in my Patriarchal Blessing that could yet unfold.
My Patriarchal Blessing has been an amazing guidepost to me throughout my life.
Just as when I read the Scriptures, I continue to find new insights from it, and always carry a laminated copy of it with me in my breast pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home