True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Privilege & Power of Patriarchal Blessings

An excerpt from my recent letter to an LDS friend:

".... A Patriarchal Blessing is a wonderful, wonderful privilege.
I continue to read and ponder my Patriarchal Blessing, which was given to me in 1969, and it continues to guide and bless me in my choices...."

Note: Just as the Children of Israel had the privilege of receiving personal revelatory blessings and life-long counsel from the Old Testament Patriarchs, so do the members today of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) also have that same privilege from modern day Patriarchs, who are divinely called and set apart to impart those supernal individual blessings and guidance.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently reread mine. Wow. I really screwed up. Back in the day, I should have photocopied it, laminated it, and taped it to the bathroom mirror to keep it constantly before me. That patriarch knew my future.

But the information and guidance in patriarchal blessings needn't be a one-shot deal. Whenever we pray, we should should also listen, sometimes before we pray, and usually after we pray. There's nothing that can prevent Heavenly Father from speaking to us directly and plainly through the Spirit, even as directly and plainly as through a patriarchal blessing. Well, nothing but our own sin or inattention, which can cloud the channel of communication between us and God.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your insights about the evolving understandings of Patriarchal blessings.
I recently realized a linkage between a sentence in mine and the thing it applies to.
I used to think certain phrases were just flowery or puffed up ways of expressing things, but the wording actually has much deeper meaning to specific things and issues in our lives.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home