True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Friday, May 16, 2008

From a "Grateful Nation"

Since the recent and sudden death of my beloved Father, Willis "Woody" Kump, on Monday, May 12th, it has been a stressful week.
Even so, knowing God's "Plan of Happiness" for all of us, I felt reasonably prepared and fortified to deal with this loss to my family, and especially my Mother, his wife of sixty-one years.
The memorial services yesterday in Greencastle, Pennsylvania went well enough, and, this morning, there was a military interment of his ashes at the Veterans' Cemetery in Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania.
It was then that a young naval officer, knelt in his dress blues before my grief-stricken Mother, and presented the American flag to her in thanks from a "grateful nation".
That's when my heart almost burst from both pride and grief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home