True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

It Seems to Me

A conversation yesterday struck me as most curious.
In that conversation, two individuals were not sympathetic with the policies of the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church.
They expressed a desire that he be much more in tune with their secular political viewpoints.
It seems obvious to me, that if you believe in God, but don't believe that the Pope is God's spokesperson, then perhaps the Roman Catholic Church just is not for you.
It also seems obvious to me that anyone who believes in a loving God and the Bible should believe that He would continue to speak and provide additional direction through revelations to us through His spokespersons (i.e., Prophets and Apostles) as well as individually, here and now, just as He previously did in former times.
Let all follow their hearts and worship (or not worship) as seems best to them, but that, in a nutshell, is the basis of my personal religious conversion and my simple faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home