True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Monday, September 07, 2009

To My Children

Dear Sarah & David,
Throughout my adult life, much of my time each day has been spent in personal prayer.
Some of it has been on my knees in a more formal mode, but most of it throughout the day is in almost constant whispered and sometimes even subvocal conversations with Our Father in Heaven.
And so it is that, over the years, I have learned to more fully recognize the gentle whisperings of the Holy Ghost, which are easiest for me to hear and heed when I am quiet and calm.
Accordingly, this morning, as I was studying the most recent words of the Prophets (Scripture), the prompting strongly came to me to share these thoughts with both of you.
Of all the people in my life, you two have been the most intense and constant focus of my prayers, on behalf of your personal welfare and happiness.
Perhaps mostly unbeknownst to you, it has been gratifying for me to see the hand of God and His ministering angels active in watching over you and removing some of the worst stumbling blocks from your paths, while also allowing you to experience and grow from the consequences of your choices.
In my living room hangs a reproduction of my favorite painting.
It is of a little boy, dressed in a Superman outfit and holding the hand of his Dad as they stroll down the sidewalk.
The caption reads, "Even Superman Needs a Dad".
It is the same with us and Our Father in Heaven.
With all my heart, thank you for allowing me to be your earthly Dad.
Love,
Dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home