True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Looking Beyond the Endgame

At long last, the "Kump" family headstone for my burial plots in the Brown's Mill Cemetery, on Kauffman Road and just north of Greencastle PA, finally has been carved and installed.
My 3rd Great Grandfather David S. Kump (1815-1895) and other kith and kindred already await me there.
One day, I will lay down my earthly cares and rest with them in the soft brown earth, going on thereafter to continue my journey.
It pleases me that this is one tellurian chore that will not be left to those who remain behind.
Meanwhile, it has made all the difference in the world for me to know from where we came, why we are here, why some suffer, and what good news lies ahead for all of us (and not just "Churchgoers").
Wordsworth perhaps said it best when he said that, "Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting: The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star, Hath elsewhere its setting, And cometh from afar: Not in entire forgetfulness, And not in utter nakedness, But trailing clouds of glory do we come From God, who is our home...".
For more of this about that, see "Best Buddies" entry at this web log.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home