True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Monday, November 07, 2011

Passing Through the Veil

Yesterday, an update was given to me about my Uncle, Harold "Curly" Kump, the last surviving member of my Dad's siblings.

(My Dad, Willis "Woody" Kump, passed away on May 12th, 2008 and after several years of home hospice.)

Uncle Curly lives in the Orange County suburb of Los Angeles. After struggling with health challenges for the last few years, he now is in terminal condition and not expected to live more than a few more days.

His wife Rita (nee' Parker), who was the only member of her family to escape the Nazi V-1 & V2 guided missle bombings of London during World War II, is caring for Uncle Curly.

My Dad's other siblings, Darrel and Darlene, were fraternal twins and they both preceded Dad in death.

Prior to his death and unbeknownst to the rest of my non-LDS family, Dad was receptive to the restored gospel and I saw to it that Temple ordinances were completed for him, as also previously has been done on behalf of my other kindred dead.

Mom and Dad were married for over sixty-one years, and Mom still mourns the loss of him from her life.


Update: Uncle Curly quietly passed away on Monday, 14 November 2011.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home