True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Monday, March 23, 2015

@ the Ohio

Last Friday, it was my privilege and pleasure to be allowed to hitch an early morning ride with widow Betty June Montgomery and widower Lorin Wall, leaving from the West Virginia State Capitol area and then spending the day with them at the LDS Temple in Columbus, Ohio.

 Betty June was the first full time LDS Sister Missionary from West Virginia, and also was the first full time Temple volunteer worker from West Virginia at the LDS Washington, D.C. Temple. Further, her unselfish and persistent efforts on behalf of her kindred dead is the stuff of legend. Betty June has a current backlog of over 1,000 (one thousand) kindred dead for whom she is continuing to have Temple ordinances completed on their behalf.

Lorin is a descendent of the ill-fated LDS "Martin" handcart company pioneers, and he has been an ordinance worker at the Columbus, Ohio Temple since it first opened. Finally, and of great import for me, Lorin is a former resident of the Cherry Run area in Hedgesville, West Virginia.

And so it goes that, last Friday, I was given the supernal privilege of keeping company with two individuals of infinite worth.

My life has been full of so many blessings, among which has been those who have and continue to be my dear friends.

Larry

Visit www.LarryKump.com for news about my political experiences and opinions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home