True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Friday, September 01, 2017

A Letter to the LDS "Liahona" Magazine

 This morning and while continuing to prayerfully plead about an issue of lifetime heartache, I paused to do my morning scripture study.
 After reading a chapter in Alma within the Book of Mormon, the prompting quickly came to me to pick up the October 2017 issue of the "Liahona" magazine, which had arrived in my mailbox the previous day.
 At first, I idly thumbed through it, looking for the hidden picture of the Liahona image, but my attention quickly was drawn to the "Finding Help after Nancy's Death" article.
 Wondering a bit why this topic drew my interest,  the testimony by Darren Wilcox, that "the power the Savior extends to us to succor us in our trials", then led me to read the sidebar article by Elder Dallin H. Oaks, "Strengthened by Jesus Christ".
 Those profound insights reminded me yet again that, "...Our Savior's Atonement does more than assure us of immortality by a universal resurrection and give us the opportunity to be cleansed from sin by repentance and baptism. His Atonement also provides the opportunity to call upon Him who has experienced all of our mortal infirmities to give us the strength to bear the burdens of mortality. He knows of our anguish, and He is there for us" (emphasis added).
 And so, once again and always, the Savior has answered my prayers and strengthened me.

Larry D. Kump, High Priest
Hedgesville, West Virginia Ward
Martinsburg, West Virginia Stake

For more about how I found my faith in Christ, see the "My Best Buddy, Who Changed My Life" post at this website. For more of my personal journey of faith, also visit www.Mormon.org/Me.4Y8B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home