True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Monday, June 06, 2016

"What - Me Worry?"



 This image of John Wayne, from an episode of the former "Laugh-In" television show, evoked profound thoughts within me about spiritual strength.

 Also and unlike Alfred E. Neuman ("Mad" magazine: "What - Me Worry?"), Lord Alfred Tennyson contemplated the root strength of the meaning of life in his poem:


Fragment
Flower in the crannied wall,
I pluck you out of the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand.
Little flower - but, if I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know what God and man is.
  Lord Alfred Tennyson


 And, for those who continue to worry about or even doubt the reality of Our Father in Heaven and His mindfulness of each and every one of us, consider further the words of a Pre-Columbian American Prophet:


 "...Thou has had signs enough; will you tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when you have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea and its motion, yea and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." (Book of Mormon, Alma, Chapter 30, Verse 44)


 And so it also goes  for me, "What - Me Worry?"

 Not me, and not heroes such as John Wayne, because, even when there are times when our path ahead seems dark, Christ is the author and finisher of our faith.


 For more of this about that, telephone 1-800-438-7557.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home