True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Personal Reflections

Earlier this week, when I learned of the death of Gordon B. Hinckley, the beloved and aged President, Prophet, Seer, and Revelator of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church); I was moved to tears, but comforted ever so much that these were and are tears of joy on his behalf.
He now is reunited with his wife and the love of his life.
They are rejoicing as they move forward together in their eternal progression.
As these thoughts about him and my own family continued to stir my heart this week, I was reminded of the atoning sacrifice of Our Savior, Jesus Christ.
He continues to reach out his hand in love to all of us, and literally leads the LDS Church through our living prophets, seers, and revelators.
Earlier this morning, while reading "Words of Hope and Consolation at the Time of Death" (Chapter 14, Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith), reminders came anew to me of all of Brother Joseph's trials and tribulations throughout his life.
How they blessed and strengthened him, as the first modern prophet in this dispensation of the fullness of times!
Brother Eugene Spencer is a friend in Cumberland, Maryland, and struggling now with cancer.
He also has been in my thoughts and prayers, as I remember my own multiple struggles with the same affliction.
And then there's my own wonderful Dad, Willis "Woody" Kump, who now is on "Home Hospice", as he nears the end of his journey here with us.
It really is true, you know: death only makes our loved ones "absent for a moment" and "we shall soon meet again".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Larry.
Your thoughts helped with Lucy.
Judy

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll pray for your Dad.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Larry, Thank you so much for this message. Yesterday would have been my daughter Rachel's 36th birthday.She passed away last year on February 27th. It was a very difficult day yesterday for me. I received comfort from your message.Thanks again.
Pat Boone

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home