True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Well Worth the Wait

On a good day, the drive from my home in West Virginia to the D.C. Temple takes me about an hour and ten minutes.
Recently, the snow, ice, and traffic snarls extended that Temple transit to over two and one half hours.
Arriving frustrated and annoyed, my disposition was surly and not at all appropriate for me to be in the House of the Lord.
Even so, my mood thereafter quickly changed.
It happened while doing vicarious marriages and family sealings for those who had not had this privilege during their lifetimes.
A Swiss husband and wife from Zurich had anxiously waited to be reunited since the 1600's.
As I knelt in proxy and their marriage was sealed for Time and All Eternity, their gratitude and joy was palpable and pervasive to all of us engaged in that sacred service.
For me, my experiences during that wondrous day in the Temple was well worth the wait.
For those Swiss sweethearts, it was infinitely more so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home