True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Monday, June 22, 2009

The Resonance of Frost

While browsing in an old book store yesterday, two of the poems of Robert Frost struck me with particular resonance.
You see, these past several years have been full to overflowing with both challenges as well as blessings, so much so that I've frequently yearned for surcease and rest from all of this dynamic stress; even though it has been providential in all its resolutions.
And so it was that Frost captured the longings as well as the determination of my heart in "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening", wherein he wrote, "...The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep."
Further reflecting upon these words of his and the choices I have made and continue to make in my life, another poem of his, "The Road Not Taken", leaped into my musings; as I continued to ponder God's Plan of Happiness for all of His children, and how supernally blessed I have been from my conversion as a young man to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and my lifestyle choices since then.
"I shall be telling this with a sigh, Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
And so it goes, worlds without end.
To learn more about the purpose of life, call 1-800-438-7557 or visit www.mormon.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home