True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just a Trouble Maker

A small church was seeking a new minister and received the following letter of application:

Dear Committee Brethren,
Please consider me to lead your flock.
I have been a preacher of some success, and also have written much about the Gospel.
I'm also a good organizer and leader.
I'm over 50 years old, and have never been in one place for over three years.
I admit that I have had to leave some congregations after I caused riots and disturbances, and have been imprisoned several times, but not for doing anything illegal.
Even though my health is not good, I get a great deal accomplished.
Some of the other Church leaders in towns where I've worked have not gotten along well with me, and some even have threatened and attacked me.
I have baptized lots of folks, but, since I have not kept good records, I have forgotten whom I have baptized.
I believe I can do a good job for your congregation.

One Committee member was aghast, and asked,
"Call an unhealthy, trouble-making, absent minded, exconvict to such a position of trust? Who has had such arrogance to submit that application?".

The letter was signed, "The Apostle Paul".

(Author Unknown)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home