True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

In Reply to a Friend about My Patriarchal Blessing

Thank you.
This has been on my mind for a long, long time (all my life), and the question continues each week as I continue to reread, ponder, and pray about my Patriarchal Blessing to help me better learn what God would have me do with my life.
My Blessing goes into great detail about a great many things, some of which are simply incredible, and it even mentions specific details about an Eternal Companion, but there is nary a word in it about children.
Looking back over my life, I think I now understand more about my relationship with my children, because my children were very young when they were separated from me by Divorce, and just did not have the opportunity to spend as much time with me as I wanted, hoped for, and should have done more to make happen.
Even so, I am grateful for the time I had with them and to my nonmember ex-wife for helping me to do that.
In the Temple, we are told that that it is not good for man to be alone, and I know, without a doubt, that this is true.
We also are told that we can have much joy in our posterity, and I know that this also is true, but perhaps this just will not be the case for me in my circumstances, at least here and now.
Another great friend, in similar circumstances to yours, but also nonetheless humble and trying to do his best, reminded me that God means exactly what He says in our Patriarchal Blessings, but that it can take us a lifetime (or more) to understand the fullness of His promises to and love for us.
One more thing, and on an even more wondrous note, it was personally revealed to me in the Temple how our kindred dead and others on the other side of the veil are actively involved here and now on the Earth, trying to influence and help us, and frequently intervening on our behalf.
Part of this is done because of their duty and their love for us, but part of this also is from the great gratitude they have for us for the proxy work that we have done on their behalf.
I love my Patriarchal Blessing and continually refer to it.
It is Scripture from God that He wrote personally, just for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home