True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

My Pearl of Great Price

Although converted to the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ at age 14 or 15 (from my cynical agnosticism and repudiation of my family's religious affiliation), my parents adamantly denied me permission to be baptized or even attend LDS Church services.
Thereafter, I drifted away from what I knew was right for many years, but never forgot.
I never forgot.
Finally, on February 22nd, 1969, as a 21 year old Frostburg College Junior and after much agonizing pondering and prayer, I at long last was baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).
My parents and family were not pleased, not even a little bit.
In the almost forty years since then, my hopes and dreams have been crushed many times, but I also have been blessed far beyond my
personal expectations or worthiness, more than words can tell.
Although much of my life has been difficult and sometimes even lonely, my LDS Church membership remains far more precious to me than any thing or even person.
My faith has taught me where I come from, why I'm here, and what lies ahead for all of us on the other side of the veil.
And so it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home