True Stuff that I Made Up

PLEASE NOTE: The entries which are published at this site are solely my personal and sometimes whimsical musings. For information regarding my political positions and proposals, please visit www.LarryKump.us.

Further, this website is devoutly dedicated to all of my friends and associates, both early and late, who have mentored and influenced me. However, being who they are, the majority of them have been late most of the time.

  Also, check out my personal entry at Mormon.org.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

To Die For?

Larry,

A very old man lay dying on his bed. Suddenly, he smelled the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookie, wafting up the stairs. He gathered up his remaining strength and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and, with an even greater effort, struggled down the stairs. With labored breath, he leaned against the door frame and gazed into the kitchen.

Amazed, he thought perhaps that he already was in Heaven. Spread out on newspapers on the kitchen table were hundreds of his favorite and just baked chocolate chip cookies. Was this Heaven? Or, was this one final act of love from his devoted wife, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

He staggered toward the table. His shaking hand made its way to clutch one of those wonderful cookies, when he was suddenly smacked with a spatula by his wife.

"Stay out of those!", she said. "They're for the funeral."

Dave ;)

Larry's Response to Dave: "I'm planning on serving snickerdoodles at my funeral, and inviting all my diabetic friends."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home