Going to the Temple
I knew that the road conditions would be terrible, because I had just returned, in the wee hours of the morning, to my West Virginia home, from a trip to Baltimore, and the road conditions already had become extremely treacherous.
Also, a job promotional test previously had been scheduled for the same morning as my planned trip to the Temple, and it was my only opportunity to qualify to be on the promotional eligibility list.
I had prayed about what to do, finally deciding that going to the Temple was much more important than any job promotional test.
Almost immediately thereafter, I received word that the inclement weather forecast had persuaded my agency to postpone the promotional examination until a later date.
I continued to pray, asking for travel protection, as I would be making the several hour round trip to the Temple on dangerous snow and ice covered roads.
Then, after getting up at 4:00 AM to prepare for my travel to the Temple, it amazed me to discover that the roads all were bare and that the ice and snow storm simply had faded away and dissipated, to the perplexity of the weather prognosticators.
Arriving safely at the Temple, it was my intention to go directly to do endowments, but a prompting instead led me to go and do family sealings.
During the sealings of children to parents for time and all eternity, I was further pleased and surprised to be helping children, born as long ago as the 1600's, to parents who bore the same unusual surname as one of our Church Stake (Regional) Leaders, but who had been submitted by a distant relative unknown to him.
Faith does indeed precede miracles.